Work Sponsorship Visa Australia
Sponsored Work Visa Lawyers
Work sponsorship visas provide a pathway for overseas workers to obtain permanent residence in Australia. The first step is to find a job with an employer who has, or is prepared to get, approval from the Department of Home Affairs to sponsor the employee.
For employers, sponsoring an overseas worker is a welcomed solution to their skills shortages. In fact successful business owners know that recruiting from the global workforce gives them a competitive advantage.
The most common work sponsorship visa programs in Australia are the 482 temporary work visa, the 186 Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), and the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa 494.
More About Australia Sponsor Work Visa
Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa (482)
To be eligible for a 482 visa you must meet the following:
- Be nominated by an employer for a job on the The Skilled Occupation Lists
- Meet the skill requirements; and
- Have the appropriate English language skills.
You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application. You can include your family members in the application. 482 is a temporary residence visa. The application can be approved within 4 to 8 weeks. The visa is valid for up to 4 years. You can apply for the permanent residence 186 visa after 3 years. Please contact us for more information.
The 482 visa holder must comply with the following visa conditions:
- Maintain health insurance for the visa duration
- Work in the same nominated occupation for the same sponsor; and
- If employment ends you must find another employer within 60 days, which can be very challenging. This condition is why the 482 visa is used as a staff retention strategy by smart business owners.