Employer Nomination Scheme
Visa Subclass 186 Permanent Sponsorship
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa subclass 186 allows you to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa. As such, it is a powerful recruitment tool to attract loyal staff to your business.
To nominate and sponsor an overseas worker or 457/ 482 visa holder for a 186 permanent visa your business must meet the following criteria:
- Be an actively and lawfully operating business in Australia
- Prove a genuine recruitment need to fill a job on the 186 Visa Occupations List, without discriminating against Australian workers
- Offer a full-time skilled position in the nominated employee’s expertise area
- Pay a market salary rate
- Comply with all Australian business immigration and workplace relations laws; and
- Have no adverse information.
You must also nominate the overseas worker in one of the following three streams and meet the requirements for each stream:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream: For employees who are existing 457/482 visa holders and have worked within your business for at least two years in the same nominated position as sponsored under the 457 visa or for at least three years under the 482 visas.
- Direct Entry Stream: For highly skilled overseas workers, who are either from Australia or overseas who are in need to fill a position for a permanent appointment.
- Agreement Stream: For employees who are sponsored under an approved labour hire agreement through your business and a permanent appointment is available for them to fill.
JADE VISA’s team has assisted many companies to place overseas workers into full-time positions utilising the benefit of the 186 Employer Nomination Scheme program. Contact us for a free assessment on the eligibility of your business for the Employee Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa program.