There are two main business visas designed for people involved in a successful business in their own country who now want to help their family to migrate and bring their skills and capital to Australia. The two main business visas are:
- Temporary Visa Subclass 188A
- For people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia
- Permanent Visa Subclass 132A
- For very successful and wealthy business owners who want to do business in Australia and are willing to make a significant contribution in capital
Each visa has varying requirements in terms of the investment value into Australia, the amount of time living in Australia and the extent of your continuing involvement in business in Australia. Only the 132A provides immediate Permanent Residency in Australia and all the benefits that comes with this privilege.
There are two main investment visas for people who want to invest capital of $1.5m or $5.0m into designated or complying investments and who will maintain business and investment activity in Australia:
- 188B Visa Subclass - A designated investment of at least AUD1.5million in an Australian state or territory
- 188C Visa Subclass - The Significant Investor visa is for people willing to invest at least AUD5.0million into complying investments
Both the 188B and 188C visas require you to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Both the 188B and the 188C are provisional visas only and you will need to meet the requirements for subsequent visas.