There are two main business visas where successful business owners can migrate to Australia by either establishing a new business or buying into an existing business in Australia.
- 188 followed by 888 in the Business Innovation Stream (188A to 888A)
- The 188A is a Temporary Visa
- Applicants for the 188A visa must have at least 30% ownership of a business that has a turnover of AUD 500,000
- Investment into a business in Australia is between AUD 200,000 to AUD 500,000, depending on the State
- The 888A is a Permanent Visa
- Applicants can apply for the 888A visa after 2-4 years
- The 888A visa can be applied for after 2 years if the applicant meets all the 888A eligibility conditions - please email us to find out how to fast track your 888A application
- 132 Permanent Visa in the Significant Business History Stream (132A)
- The 132A is a Permanent Visa granted immediately
- Applicants must have at least 30% ownership of a business that has a turnover of AUD 3,000,000
- Applicants must have AUD1,500,000 in total business and personal assets
- Investment into a business in Australia is up to AUD 2,000,000, depending on the State
- The 132A requires the applicant to stay in Australia for the appropriate time required to manage their business
There are other business visas to Australia, including the 188 to 888 visa in the Entrepreneur Stream. Please email to request more information.
There are two main investment visas for successful investors who wish to migrate to Australia:
- 188 followed by 888 in the Investor Stream (188B to 888B)
- The applicant must invest AUD 1,500,000 directly into an Australian state or territory bond
- The 188B is a Temporary Visa
- The 888B people is a Permanent Visa which can only be applied for after 4 years of holding the 188B
- 188 followed by 888 in the Significant Investor Stream (188C to 888C)
- The applicant must invest AUD 5,000,000 with a fund manager who then invests the capital into 'complying investments'
- The 188C is a Temporary Visa
- The 888C people is a Permanent Visa which can only be applied for after 4 years of holding the 188C
Both the 188B and 188C visas require you to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.